Our gracious host, Gail Fullerton, showed the committee the new store from top to bottom (or should I say from cashier stands to loading bays?).
As many in the community are aware, longtime grocers Stewarts formally sold the Mildmay grocery store to Freshmart of Paisley at the beginning of July. Following a three week ‘refresh’ of the store, Freshmart reopened to the public near the end of July. Some of the highlights of the refresh included:
– Construction of a new partition at the south end of the produce section to create a 3000 square foot rental space with separate entrance from the rest of the store!
– New and upgraded freezers and coolers in the warehousing area
– New energy efficient coolers for the dairy section
– New energy efficient ‘nightshade’ blinds for the fresh sections of the store, and
– New colour scheme and signage in the latest Freshmart theme (Mildmay is the first store in the Freshmart group to rebrand to the new theme!)
During the tour Gail mentioned several times Freshmart Mildmay’s commitment to buy local wherever possible. From local lamb and chicken to Lake Huron pickerel, whitefish and bass, Freshmart believes local products best suit the needs in our communities! In fact the only meat product Gail could recall ordering ‘from away’ is salmon, which is ordered from the Loblaws buying group and arrives fresh packed in ice, just like you would expect at one of the higher class fish markets in the city!
Other features of the new Freshmart sure to be appreciated by the community are an enhanced sandwich bar open Monday to Saturday, continuation of the pharmacy service, fresh flowers and food products from around the world (I was quick to spy the Patak’s Butter Chicken Sauce on the shelf!). Gail was quick to remind us that Freshmart is always open to exploring new products ideas with the community!
Thank you Gail for a GREAT tour and supporting our local community!
South Bruce Tourism welcomed three new prospective committee members at the November 7th meeting! The committee is always looking for new members to help us show off the great tourist activities in South Bruce Municipality! Our next meeting will be on December 5th, 2017 at 7 pm at the Formosa Hall. If you would like more information on the committee, our new projects and initiatives, and the many different ways you can be involved please contact Mark Law at email@example.com (392-7316) or Rhonda Niesen at firstname.lastname@example.org (392-6623 ext. 232).